At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Northrop Grumman's Internal Audit department is seeking a qualified individuals to join our diverse audit staff. This role will report to the Manager of Internal Audit. This position will need candidates to be local to El Segundo, CA or Falls Church, VA or Baltimore, MD. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
This role can be filled at a Principal (03) or a Sr. Principal (04) level depending on years of experience and education. Basic Qualifications: To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Conducting program audits for domestic, international site locations, major program locations and subsidiaries.
- Scope of reviews may cover program related business functions such as program planning, scheduling and control functions, EAC maintenance, earned value, reserves assessment, contract requirements flowdown, supplier management, financial recording and management reporting.
- Leverage experience in program financial EAC, EVMS, and/or scheduling to review program operations and procedures.
- Assisting with the development and execution of audits using a risk-based audit approach, including assessment of controls.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with auditees and affected management.
- Ensuring proper recording of transactions and compliance with applicable company policies/procedures, related contracts/agreements, and applicable laws.
- Gather and analyze functional and financial data and validate performance against company/divisions/subsidiaries objectives goals and reported results, compliance to policies, procedures and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Incorporate data analytics to identify issues, automate work, improve efficiency and effectiveness and identify risk areas.
- Experience in performing multiple projects concurrently and leading a highly engaged team.
- Preparing presentations covering the various phases of the audit cycle and presenting those materials to Sector staff, Sector management and IA management.
- Assisting in the evaluation of the potential effects on the company and our internal audit approach of all newly established and/or potential business and regulatory requirements changes implemented by the Company and/or any other financial regulatory entities.
- Strong leadership and communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to interact with and present to executive level management.
- Aerospace and Defense Industry/Government Contracting experience
Preferred Qualifications for both Principal and Sr. Principal levels:
- Education and experience requirement to be considered at the Principal (03) level: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain, Operations, Quality, or related field with 6 years of relevant work experience; OR a Master's degree with 4 year of relevant work experience.
- Education and experience requirement to be considered at the Sr. Principal (04) level: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain, Operations, Quality, or related field with 10 years of relevant work experience; OR a Master's degree with 8 year of relevant work experience.
- 3 or more years in analytical roles within Business Management including pricing/estimating, cost management, schedule management, and finance.
- Working experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) in a financial/cost analyst or schedule analyst role.
- Working knowledge of data gathering analytical tools (SAP, BW, MS Office) to pull data from ERP systems and analyze and interpret a wide variety of data/information to identify trends, positive and negative correlations, form valid conclusions and present data to best highlight relevant points.
- Must have U.S. Citizenship with with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Ability to travel up 25% of the time for 1-2 weeks at a time
- 3 or more years of experience on execution of a program with EVMS contractual requirements in a financial/cost analyst or schedule analyst role.
- Candidate location near our office in El Segundo, CA
- Experience with financial control concepts and principles to solve business issues
- Proficient in: Micro-Frame Program Manager (MPM)/COBRA or similar project management software, SAP and Business Warehouse (BW)
- Active US Government Clearance, Secret, Top Secret, TS SCI, or TS SAP Access.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Project Management Professional (PMP), or other similar certification.
- Experiences with reserves assessment, contract requirements flowdown, supplier management, and management reporting.
- Experience working with DCAA and DCMA (including reporting and successful remediation of CARS and ICARS).
$80,100 USD - $125,800 USD Salary Range 2:
$99,200 USD - $155,900 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforcegov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Web Reference AJF/382626057-50
Posted Date Wed, 03 Aug 2022
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Northrop Grumman. Please note Finance Jobs Market is not responsible for the application process on any external website.