Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing public company of primary care centers for adults on Medicare in medically-underserved communities where there is little to no quality healthcare. Oak Street's care is based on a unique model that is focused on value for its patients, not on volume of services. The company is accountable for its patients' health, spending more than twice as long with its patients and taking on the risks and costs of their care.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of External Reporting and Technical Accounting, and is part of the overall Finance team. The External Reporting and Technical Accounting function has responsibility for the SEC reporting process, including the creation, analysis, and filing of the Company's quarterly Form 10-Qs and annual Form 10-Ks with the SEC, as well as Form 8Ks and other SEC filings. This individual will work closely with their manager, as well as health plan finance, legal, FP&A and the corporate accounting team. A successful candidate for this role will be strong in technical accounting, financial reporting, and analytical skills. The role provides opportunities to collaborate across departments and utilize new technologies, as we strive to continually enhance and improve processes.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and curious individual that possesses a strong analytical mindset and a high degree of accountability for accurately reporting externally on Oak Street Health's financial position and internally to deliver meaningful financial insights that shape the direction of the Company. This role requires strong oral and written communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the desire to innovate and improve.
- Prepare the quarterly US GAAP Financial Statements and related Notes to the Financial Statements
- Prepare tie outs for the quarterly reporting and assist in documenting related internal controls over financial reporting
- Prepare US GAAP and other disclosure checklists quarterly and annually
- Prepare technical accounting memorandums for complex and unique transactions including M&A activity, impairment analyses and adoption of new accounting standards
- Develop and maintain company accounting policies, balancing accounting guidance requirements, company operations, and system capabilities
- Establish, modify, document, and implement financial control procedures
- Participate in the preparation of materials for the Companys Audit Committee of the Board of Directors meetings
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and provide necessary support
- Special Ad-Hoc projects
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
- Minimum 2-4+ years of experience in SEC Reporting, Technical Accounting and/or Audit
- Public Accounting (Big 4 or Top 10 CPA firm) or Public company experience required
- CPA strongly preferred
- General knowledge of GAAP accounting principles, practices and procedures
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects effectively
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and ability to work independently
- Ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with peers, business partners and other members of management
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being Oaky
What does being Oaky look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Ability to make a concrete impact immediately
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Web Reference AJF/394900075-50
Posted Date Tue, 02 Aug 2022
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Oak Street Health. Please note Finance Jobs Market is not responsible for the application process on any external website.